Sweater Challenge 2018
Time for our annual sweater challenge! Let's add a perfect new sweater to your wardrobe!
The basics: Knit a sweater and have it done by our anniversary party on Thursday, March 1st! We will be offering lots of support and help along the way. If you're not local (and even if you are), share along in our Sweater Challenge ravelry thread! Read below for the details:
Whether you purchase new yarn with us or use stash yarn previously purchased at Circle of Stitches, you can take advantage of the services we will be providing:
- Measuring and fitting session any Thursday or Sunday in January and February. We will take your measurements and help you pick the right sweater or cardigan pattern. We will go over the sweater schematics and make sure you pick the right size. We will also talk about where you might need to modify the sweater to better fit you, and we will help you work through how to do the modifications.
- If you want to bring an existing sweater you love, we can measure it and help you pick a pattern with a similar fit. Otherwise, we will work based off your body measurements. Remember: No body judgment at Circle of Stitches!
- Gauge: we will help you get the right gauge for your pattern. We will go over how to swatch correctly, whether flat or in the round, and work with you until you're happy with the fabric you're creating.
- Support along the way: come by as little or as much as you need to, we will make sure you get to the end of your sweater!
- If you want to use yarn purchased elsewhere but want to take advantage of these services, you can come in for a session for a $10 drop in fee.
Design your own pullover class!
- If you want a more structured setting or have never made a sweater, we are offering a basic top-down raglan class in January. In this class, you will learn how to take measurements, read pattern schematics, grade between sizes for a perfect ft, and add your own, unique design elements to the pattern. One of our 2017 students described it as "the most useful knitting class I've ever taken." Click for more information and registration!
Enter to win a prize! To win a prize, meet these requirements:
- Purchase 1200 yards or more of any weight yarn for a sweater at Circle of Stitches between December 26th and February 15th.
- Complete your sweater by our anniversary party on March 1st
- Post your project on Ravelry with at least 2 photos and tag it "circleofstitches". Add your yarn to the project and post Circle of Stitches as the place of purchase
- For an extra entry: Post at least 2 public photos on instagram and tag them #circleofstitches #CoSKAL and mention @circleofstitches
Prizes will be drawn at our anniversary party and Sweater Soiree on March 1st.
Anniversary Party and Sweater Soiree:
- On Thursday, March 1st, we will celebrate our tthree year anniversary! Join us for knit night, refreshments, and some surprises.
- Wear your finished sweater, or something else you've knit with us! Show off your beautiful work!